Visit our new website at: MTHS.org.
This site is now Legacy.mths.org and will remain without updating until the new site is fully ready to take over.
Saturday – July 8, 10am
Mountain Top Historical Society Annual Members Meeting/200 Years of Beauty: Tourism and the Catskills” at 11 am
Read the current issue of our quarterly publication
THANK YOU to our
GENROUS BUSINESS SPONSORS
Boardwalk Builders, Inc.
Ethel & Orville Slutzky Family Foundation Trust
Please support the businesses that support the MTHS
News & Notable Links:
- Dr. Gary Lelonek's talk "The Jewish History of Tannersville," Diane Galusha's Zoom presentation "Enslaved: People as Property in Delaware County, 1790 – 1830" and the "Three Extraordinary Ordinary Women" program is viewable on our Youtube page.
- Read about the MTHS's Oral History Project and listen to interviews.
- Town of Hunter historian and MTHS board member Dede Terns-Thorpe has published a new book titled Tidbits of the Town of Hunter. You can purchase the book on Amazon and at the MTHS Visitors' Center.
- The Hotel Kaaterskill 1883 Fire Safety Survey and floor plan.One of several letters from Civil War soldier William Young. Donated by Odile Dwyer.
View a collection of glass plate negatives, the gift of Shirley and Gerald Dunn, here.
- A favorite part of our collection to many local residents is the collection donated by Wilma Kohler. It includes one of our favorite photographs of photographer John Rusk and a signature quilt from 1846.
Mountain Top Historical Society
5132 Rt.23A / PO Box 263 Haines Falls, NY 12436
The Visitors' Center is OPEN for the season when volunteers are available.
Our campus, including access to the Kaaterskill Rail Trail, is open year-round to the public.
Keep the Catskills Beautiful: Please CARRY OUT what you CARRY IN